by Erin K. Newman, ARNP, PPCNP-BC
Encouraging your kids to eat healthy snacks can sometimes be a challenge. Below are some ideas to make eating just a little more fun!
- “Bunny Ears”: Sprinkle a lettuce leaf with small amount of salt and roll it into a “bunny ear” for a quick snack after a long day in the sun.
- Berry Smoothie Popsicle: Blend Greek yogurt, honey, berries, banana and ice. Pour into popsicle mold and freeze. Delicious and high in antioxidants.
- Apple Slice Nachos: Slice apples into thin wedges, spread on plate, drizzle with melted peanut butter and sprinkle with coconut
- Hummus and Veggie dip: Spoon hummus into a small cup to fill the bottom. Add strips of carrots, celery, and bell pepper for a fun treat.
- “Ants on a Log”: Slice celery into long strips, apply peanut butter and line with raisins. A classic!
- Fruit and Cheese Kabobs: Line pineapples, cheddar cheese cubes, grapes, strawberries, Swiss cheese cubes on a kabob stick and enjoy!
- Fruit and cottage cheese parfait: In a tall parfait glass alternate layers of cottage cheese with various types of berries. Then drizzle the top with honey. Yum!
For more delicious ideas visit …. https://www.superhealthykids.com/30-kid-friendly-summer-snacks/